New Rap Beats















Keefe D rejects plea deal in upcoming 2Pac murder trial

Duane “Keefe D” Davis to enter not guilty plea in 2Pac murder case

Keefe D Rejects Plea Deal Ahead Of 2Pac Murder Trial

Duane “Keefe D” Davis says he has no plans to accept a plea deal. He continues preparing for trial in the murder case surrounding the 1996 killing of Tupac Shakur. The latest development came after a Nevada judge ruled prosecutors can introduce Davis’ 2008 interview with police as evidence. The decision gives the prosecution another key piece of evidence before jury selection begins.

The long-awaited trial will move forward in Las Vegas, with jury selection scheduled to begin on August 10. Davis has maintained his innocence since authorities arrested him in 2023. Despite years of public statements that appeared to implicate him, he now says he had nothing to do with the killing.

Keefe D Says He Won’t Accept A Plea Deal

Davis recently spoke with 8 News Now Las Vegas and made it clear that he has no interest in negotiating with prosecutors. He believes accepting a plea deal would make no sense because he insists he never committed the crime.

“I didn’t do nothing,” Davis said. “I’m 63. I had a cancer battle. And I got three stents to my heart, and the average American lives like 74 years old. Ten years, I’m dead. So why would I take a deal? I heard it was, like, 10 and 25. I’m not going to do that. I’m not going to take a deal like that. Especially after I haven’t done it. I’m an innocent man.”

His comments came shortly after the judge ruled prosecutors can use his 2008 interview with police during trial. Investigators have long considered that interview one of the strongest pieces of evidence in the case because Davis discussed Tupac’s death in detail.

The ruling strengthens the prosecution’s case. Prosecutors argue Davis repeatedly admitted he had firsthand knowledge of the shooting during interviews over the years.

Davis Claims Earlier Confessions Were About Money

Davis also tried to explain the interviews, documentaries, and media appearances in which he discussed the murder. He now claims those stories were never true and only helped him earn money.

According to Davis, ghostwriters and producers shaped much of what the public heard from him.

“I was just after the money, and they said I was covered,” he claimed.

He also addressed the memoir that investigators frequently reference.

“I did it for the money… That was the ghostwriters that did it. I didn’t write that book. Just read the book. You know I didn’t write that book.”

Davis also claimed people scripted his interviews, including one with DJ Vlad.

“And the Vlad thing, the lady, she gave me $150,000. They wrote me a script to follow. My lawyer came with the script, and it seemed like he was in bed with them the whole time.”

His latest statements sharply contradict years of public comments that prosecutors argue amount to admissions of involvement in the killing.

Davis Denies Being In Las Vegas

Davis also claimed he was not in Nevada when someone shot Tupac on September 7, 1996.

Prosecutors accuse Davis of orchestrating the drive-by shooting near the Las Vegas Strip after a Mike Tyson boxing match. Tupac died from his injuries six days later at age 25.

Investigators spent decades trying to solve the case before they arrested Davis in September 2023. Prosecutors have charged only Davis in connection with Tupac’s murder.

Davis argues investigators relied too heavily on his public statements instead of physical evidence. His attorneys continue challenging the prosecution’s case and argue those earlier remarks lack credibility.

Why Davis Says The Murder Made No Sense

Another major part of Davis’ defense centers on his relationship with former Death Row Records CEO Suge Knight.

During the interview, Davis said he helped Knight launch Death Row Records. He questioned why he would want to kill the label’s biggest star.

“Why would I kill the guy that’s making us the most money? It don’t make sense. Suge Knight will tell you that I didn’t do it.”

Davis believes that argument proves he had no reason to orchestrate the killing. His legal team will likely continue emphasizing that point throughout the trial.

Knight drove the BMW that Tupac rode in when the shooting happened. Although Knight suffered injuries, he survived the attack.

One Of Hip-Hop’s Biggest Murder Trials

The upcoming proceedings mark one of the most anticipated criminal trials in hip-hop history.

For nearly 30 years, Tupac Shakur’s murder remained one of music’s biggest mysteries. The case inspired countless theories, documentaries, books, podcasts, and interviews.

Davis became a central figure in those discussions because he frequently claimed to have insider knowledge about the shooting.

Prosecutors ultimately built much of their case around Davis’ public statements. They argue he voluntarily revealed details that only someone closely connected to the crime would know.

His defense strongly disagrees. Davis now says he exaggerated those stories because publishers, producers, and interviewers offered him money.

What Happens Next?

The court plans to begin jury selection on August 10. Opening arguments should follow later in the month unless another delay occurs.

Prosecutors will likely rely on Davis’ recorded statements. Those include his 2008 police interview and several public interviews from the past two decades. The defense will argue those comments were scripted, financially motivated, and unreliable.

A conviction could send Davis to prison for the rest of his life. An acquittal would end one of America’s longest-running murder investigations without a criminal conviction in Tupac Shakur’s death.

The judge’s latest ruling and Davis’ refusal to consider a plea deal leave both sides on course for a courtroom battle. The trial could finally bring legal closure to one of hip-hop’s most infamous unsolved murder cases.

The post Keefe D rejects plea deal in upcoming 2Pac murder trial appeared first on Hip Hop Vibe.



source https://hip-hopvibe.com/news/keefe-d-rejects-plea-deal-in-upcoming-2pac-murder-trial/

Comments